Play YouTube Videos in Background on iPhone – Whenever we are in the mood to listening to songs then most people go for YouTube. because YouTube is the only way, where we can find every single song. But one annoying fact about the YouTube that it does not allow their users to background play.
Actually, sometimes we just want to listen to the song & not interested in watching the video of that song. so if we minimize YouTube then the song automatically stop playing. it’s really the worst thing about YouTube.
However, YouTube launched a new app called YouTube music that allows us to listen to songs in the background. but YouTube music is a premium app. so we have to pay some money to play videos in the background.
But is there any free way that helps us do it? most YouTube users think that there is no way to play YouTube videos in the background on the iPhone. but it’s not true because there are many ways to do it and 5 best way to do it, I’ll show you through this post. so let’s go to the first way.
How to Play YouTube Videos in Background on iPhone
Method 1: Play youtube in background iPhone app
- In this way, you have to download a web browser called dolphin. you can download it direct from the app store.
- After downloading the web browser, open the browser and go to the YouTube then it will ask you to open YouTube in the app through a pop-up then click on the cancel.
- Now, play any song that you want in YouTube and tap on the home button then the song will stop playing automatically.
- So just go to the control center by swiping up from down and tap on the play button on the control center and then that song will resume and you can listen to that song in the background.
Method 2: Play youtube in the background on ios 12
This method only works on the iOS 12. so make sure that you’ve upgraded your operating system in the latest version.
- Open the Safari browser and then go to YouTube.
- Play any video that you want and then tap on the share button that you will see at the bottom of the browser.
- Now, tap on the ‘Request Desktop Site’ and it will open the desktop version of YouTube.
- When the video starts playing then tap on the home button then the video will continue playing in the background.
- However, if the video stop playing then go to the control center and tap on the play button from the control center.
In this method, you need to download a third-party app called YouTube++.
You can’t find this app on the app store, but you can download it in another way. if you search on the internet to download YouTube++ then you will see some ways to download YouTube++. but most of them require jailbreak and if you don’t want to jailbreak your iOS devices then read this article. it will help you to download YouTube++ on your iOS devices without jailbreak.
This method requires a shortcut that you can download by just clicking on the link below. just click on the link below and it will redirect you on the downloading page, from where you can download the shortcut.
- Now, open the Safari browser and go to the YouTube website and play any song that you want.
- Tap on the share button “The Share button in the box with the arrow coming out of it”.
- Here you have to select the shortcut from the share sheet.
- If the shortcut is not in the share sheet then tap on the more and toggle on the switch that you will see next to the Shortcuts application.
- Now, just tap on the “Background YouTube” shortcut to run it then a pop-up will appear you on the homescreen that will ask you to access for YouTube to the shortcut.
- Here, just click on the allow button.
- Go back to youtube and play a song and come out of the application then that song stop playing.
- So go to the control center and hit the play button from the control center and the song will play in the background.
The last method requires some money. you can download YouTube music and get its subscription in just $11.99 a month for a single account or $17.99 a month for six accounts in a “Family Plan.”
- 3 easiest ways to download FilzaEscaped on the iOS 12 without jailbreak
- How to download Kodi app on iOS 12 without jailbreak – [100% Working]
- Download 10 Best vShare alternatives for iPhone & iPad without jailbreak
The Conclusion: How to play youtube in background iPhone 2019
These are my 5 best & different methods that help you to play YouTube videos in background on iPhone & iPad. you can use all methods on your unjailbroken devices and some of them you can use only your iOS 12 devices.
Thank you guys for reading this post if you like it then please share this post and also don’t forget to visit daily on this website for reading more new articles.