Do you know you can Control Apple TV with iPhone? or want to learn how to do it? If Yes! Then keep reading the article.
The remote control is an essential part of Apple TV, It feels amazing to have Apple TV but it can be a bit confusing for some people to use it. Because it comes in symmetrical form, it’s easy to pick it up the wrong way and then you will hit the wrong switch. Because it is also very small in size so you might lose it anytime.
Well, Today I am going to provide you the best and easiest way to Control Apple TV with iPhone step by step. Yes, you heard it right you can easily Control Apple TV with iPhone.
Table of Contents
How to Use Apple TV with iOS 11 Based Devices
How many of you are aware of one thing that you don’t need the remove of Apple TV to control it? Well if you don’t know about it yet, then don’t worry today you will learn something new about your Apple TV, and we would like to tell you that, if you have got an iPhone or iPad device, then you can get all the same control features and options using the remote or installing an app and this feature is built into Control Center.
What Do You need to Run Apple TV with iOS 11?
- An Apple device such as iPhone or iPad that must be running on iOS 11 or higher version of iOS.
- An Apple TV
How to Add Apple TV Remote to Control Center?
First, you need to control your Apple TV via Control Center on your iPhone or iPad, and you need to add the Remote feature to Control center, and by following below steps to do that:
- Tap Settings.
- And Tap Control Center.
- Now Tap Customize Controls
- Now in the Controls section, simply tap on Apple TV Remote.
How to Control Apple TV with iPhone or iPad?
With the Remote feature added to control center and you need to connect your iPhone/iPad and Apple TV. That connection allows your phone to act like a remote for the TV, Simply follow steps to do this task:
- First, make sure your iPhone or iPad and Apple TV must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Now turn on your Apple TV.
- Open control center, (on iPhone, you can do this by swiping up from the bottom of your iPhone screen).
- Now tap on Apple TV
- Now choose Apple TV you want to control the list.
- On your TV, the Apple TV displays a passcode to connect the remote and enter the passcode from the TV into your iPhone or iPad.
- The iPhone/iPad and Apple TV will connect and you can start using the remote in control center.
So, guys, this is the complete step by step guide on how to use Apple TV with iOS 11 based devices such as iPhone and iPad. We hope now you don’t need to have Apple TV remote and whenever you want to enjoy your Apple TV, you can now access it with your iPhone device.
It is also compatible with latest iPhone’s – iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and all rest iPhone devices, but the only thing is, your iOS device must be running on iOS 11 or above.